CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shutterbug Spies, Week 2

Challenge: Patterns

This week's challenge was hard only b/c the options for patterns are vast. I settled on 2 entries-- the first is of one of my fish and the second is of a coleus leaf.

Heeeere fishy, fishy...



The fish is now a funny story. We became the proud owners of a ginormous fish tank a few months ago, when one of hubby's friends couldn't fit the tank in his moving truck. So, hubby did some research, and several trips to PetSmart later, we expanded our family by 2 Jack Dempseys, 2 convict cichlids and 2 algae eaters (aka 'the sucky fish'.) We lost a Dempsey and an algae eater, but the others seemed to thrive. One of the convict fish, in particular, has grown a ton.

So, as I was uploading photos today, I googled "convict cichlid". And I was surprised. B/c, I was fairly clueless about them, relying soley on my hubby's research in getting them. Do you know what I discovered? I discovered that convict fish are fairly hardy, that they establish monogamous bonds and, oh, hmm...what's that? They breed. Prolifically.

Which is why I currently have 35 baby fish in my tank.


Now, for something different...



It appears that I no longer suffer from a brown thumb, as my flowers are growing spectacularly this year. This is just one leaf of several, thriving coleus plants in my yard. I think it looks neat. So there.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I enjoy your blog. You need to blog more often!
I'm awarding you the Kreativ Blogger Award. Check out my blog to find out more: http://sharisrandomramblings.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-first-blog-award.html

Mozi Esme said...

Aww - baby fishies - how sweet!