CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Grandma's Zucchini Bread

One of my very fond memories of my grandmother was her incredibly yummy zucchini bread. I know, I know. Zucchini bread doesn't sound yummy. But it is. Even my sweet husband, who pretends he doesn't like anything other than meat, potatoes and Wonder bread likes it.


Ingredients:

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
3 eggs, beaten (Ener-G egg replacer may be used)
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 cups grated zucchini (do not peel zucchini)
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 chopped nuts

Method:

350 degree oven

Combine wet ingredients, gradually add dry. Grease 2 loaf pans. Divide batter between pans. Bake for 50 to 60 mins.

1 comments:

Shari said...

We do Zucchini Bread. Matter of fact I've got a zucchini from the farmers market I bought specifically to make some bread with. My mom always made it. She also did a Zucchini Bars which has a wonderful cream cheese icing on it....